1995 Sorrel Stallion
“Bred to Cut...Born to Work”
During the devastating October 2013 Blizzard Atlas, Comos Cottoneye along with 11 other horses of the Lauing Mill Iron L Ranch perished. It was this outstanding stallion who was instrumental in teaching our children cutting which allowed them to compete in the National High School Finals Rodeo in 2002 and 2006. While attending these cuttings, he also brought our son Dan and his wife Tessa together who married and continues to cut with our two grandsons Tyrell and Tripp. He will be forever remembered by his offspring and leaves an legacy of exceptional arena and ranch horses who carry on his traits. He may be gone, but he will never be forgotten! He rests in peace in the mare pasture at the Lauing Mill Iron L Ranch.
This stallion shows a lot of athleticism, conformation and desire. Cowy, silky smooth, well mannered with a great disposition. We are starting his colts now and they all have taken on his characteristics. Como is one of the most unrecognized stallions in the cutting world.
NCHA LTE $2,320.91 with limited showings.
Achievements: COA, Subscribed Stallion to the Dakota Classic Cutting Futurity, 2002 1st; Place SDCHA $1,000 Novice Horse, 2002 2nd Place SDCHA $20,000 Non-Pro;
• Doctor Como-LTE NCHA $6,971.40/0ffspring Earnings $14,689.05 Successful in reining; 1986 NCHA Open Futurity: Missed going to the finals by 1/2 point (He was the last horse to work in the semi-finals @ 2 am. It was possible the judges nodded off.); Sired 54 colts/9 of which were performance winners
• Son ofa Doc–LTE NCHA $18,786.41 Achievements: COA Bronze/1982 Reserve World; Champion Sr Cutting, ROM Performance, Top 10 World Show/Offspring NRHA LTE $18,626; Equistat #11 Top Paternal Grandsire, #14 Top Maternal Grandsire; Sired 1,120 foals/Sired 1991 World NCHA Champion “Bob Acre Doc” and 1991 World NCHA; Reserve Champion “Son of Senior”
• Baby Foot–LTE NCHA $1,144.36/Offspring Earnings $9,501.57 Competitively a real stand out. Quiet. Should have been considered a Reference Dam. Matriach of Elbert Sides horse program. Goes back to Poco Bueno.
• Doc Bar–Revolutionized the Cutting Industry Achievements: Halter Point Earner, Race Money Earner, Sired 485 foals/2 World Champions/NCHA Money Earners, 21 of the 23 Finalists in the 1983 NCHA Futurity had Doc Bar Bloodlines.
• Delightful Doctor (Full Sister of Comos Cottoneye) NCHA LTE $5,172.95 Her 1st colt made the finals in Open & Non-Pro Cutting in Kansas Futurity, Music Futurity & Southern Futurity